Friday, April 20, 2012

Central Long Beach-#3 post

This week I am working on setting up an interview with my grandfather, since he was a longshoreman in Long Beach for over twenty years.  My cousin is currently a longshoreman, so I thought it would be a good idea to sit them down together and have two generations discuss their experiences.  I am also working on getting one of my grandfather's friends who is a retired longshoreman.  To go along with the history of the ports I am working on an audio slideshow with different events and pictures that show how the ports were developed, etc.  Although there was some miscommunication about the location of our neighborhood I am glad that I am still able to do these two projects, because in return I get to learn more about my grandfather's history.  However, our group is working on expanding or stories from the ports to fulfill the central Long Beach neighborhood that we were assigned.

-Bree Cahey
Post #3

No comments:

Post a Comment